From Lermoos

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.43230°N / 10.88160°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start point is car park "Panoramabad" in Lermoos.

Route Description


Behind the swimming pool, follow the marked path along the water stream through the Turtltal. Higher you reach the trail to Tuftlalm you must follow during 300 meters. You can continue on the trail, but at the next bend to the left, it is better to follow the direct path. This path is steep and climbs directly and straight to the alpine pasture.
In 1 hour, the Tuftlalm, 1498 m is reached. Daniel and Upsspitze can be contemplated just above, but on the other side the magnificient Zugspitze draws the look to her.
From the alpine pasture, follow the SW ridge steep in direction Upspize (on the left from Daniel). Just under the summit of Upspitze, the path turns in NE direction and reaches the crest. Follow the crest on the right to reach in a few minutes the summit of Daniel.

As descend route, I advice to follow "GrĂ¼ne Ups" route.

Essential Gear


No gear is necessary
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

DanielRoutes