Shuckstack Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
cascadescrambler

cascadescrambler - Sep 6, 2019 12:18 pm Date Climbed: Aug 19, 1959

AT northbound  Sucess!

I remember this as quite the grind ascending from Fontana Dam into the Smokies with a full backpack (which contained, among other things, a canvas tent, wooden tent pegs and our food in cans)

Tbacon251

Tbacon251 - Feb 17, 2019 6:13 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2018

Section hike  Sucess!

Reached the summit with Scott Humphrey during our section hike of the AT.

Reiksgib

Reiksgib - Oct 4, 2016 7:10 pm Date Climbed: Jun 15, 2000

Graduation. Hike  Sucess!

First Peak on our way to Newfound Gap for a backpacking adventure I will always remember.

captain.ron

captain.ron - Apr 26, 2016 6:09 pm Date Climbed: Apr 15, 2016

Awesome hike  Sucess!

Great hike from Fontana Dam to the lookout tower! Made it a loop hike down list cove trail with all of the awesome water crossings then the lake shore trail with the abandoned cars! Great all around hike!

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Jul 12, 2015 10:59 pm Date Climbed: Jun 3, 2014

AT NoBo  Sucess!

Crossing Fontana Dam was enough of a treat, but we planned on the side-trip to Shuckstack and were not disappointed! Absolutely worthwhile! With Deb.

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Jul 12, 2015 1:52 pm Date Climbed: Jun 5, 2015

From Twentymile Trailhead  Sucess!

Completed as part of a 20 mile loop hike from the Twentymile Trailhead. After Shuckstack we headed north on the AT to Doe Knob then used the Gregory Bald trail to reach Gregory Bald and descended Wolf's Ridge Trail. Lots of solitude on this loop, only seeing other hikers on the AT and at Gregory Bald.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Shuckstack' main page