Simmons Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Sep 23, 2003 9:07 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Oh man, now I I have to go here next summer!

mpbro

mpbro - Sep 23, 2003 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Great! I have dreamed about going up to this area from Vogelsang Pass. Just a really memorable spot. Sounds like Simmons had some surprises in store. Looking forward to the route page.



Any plans to add Amelia Earhart?



-Morgan

mrolph

mrolph - Sep 23, 2003 3:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi Morgan,



Thanks for the vote. Simmons was a blast inspite of all the loose rock. I'm planning on adding Amelia Earhart and Parsons in the next week or so. I thought breifly about climbing Peak 11,500' on Saturday evening for some sunset pictures but my legs were shot. I have a few nice pictures of the peak that I'll upload in a few days.



Martin

mpbro

mpbro - Sep 23, 2003 5:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Wow, sounds like a great trip.



I had a little day tour myself, but just the little peaks in Tuolumne. 11500 was nothing to crow about -- just a little anthill, compared to the ones you climbed. But it did have good views of Parsons & the area...



Later,

Morgan

Matthew Holliman

Matthew Holliman - Sep 24, 2003 1:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page! A shame the peak seems to be best reached via Lyell Canyon--that'll probably deter me from getting there anytime soon...

mrolph

mrolph - Sep 24, 2003 3:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote. I know what you mean about Lyell Canyon, It's pretty damm boring after you've done it once (and it's dusty and littered with manure). The Rafferty Creek trail is probably the best way to get to the west side of Simmons, but it's also overused and full of horse manure from the HSC. Another alternative would be to go to Merced Lake from Happy Isles then up the Vogelsang Pass trail to Bernice Lake then to Simmons. That would be some day hike!



Martin

Nelson

Nelson - Feb 7, 2004 4:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I didn't know if I would find this peak on SP. Glad to see it in good hands!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Simmons Peak' main page