Sketch of route from Balcón...

Sketch of route from Balcón...

Sketch of route from Balcón de Pineta to the Monte Perdido in june.
Rafa Bartolome
on Jul 3, 2003 6:31 am
Image ID: 22480

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
eza

eza - Jul 3, 2003 8:23 am - Voted 10/10

Bufff

Im-pressive. Im-presionante. ¿Atardecer desde el Balcón de Pineta?

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Jul 4, 2003 2:23 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bufff

Efectivamente, es atardecer en B. de Pineta descendiendo de los Astazús. Tengo otra en el SP de sólo el Monte Perdido con el zoom de toda la cara norte que también esta bien.

desainme

desainme - Jul 26, 2003 8:15 am - Voted 10/10

Find diagram

Did you climb both Mt. Perdido and the Cylinder?

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Aug 1, 2003 9:24 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Find diagram

For this point you can climb the Cilindro, the Mt Perdido or both. Generally a lot of people climb in first place the Mt Perdido and after descent to col of Cilindro climb the Cilindro. You can leave the weight near the col at 3074 m or in the Lago Helado (in the other side of MtPerdido) and take it in the descent. For the Cilindro you must carry a rope for the chimney (is the only one reason for no climb both the Cilindro and MtPerdido-only 1h30min more for the route). Both are accessibles for the south and north faces from the col of Cilindro.

I climb the Cilindro with rope and harness (specially for the descent of chimney grade II of approximately 20 metres). It´s no difficult (I have experience very small with rope). Some people climb the Cilindro without rope but is necessary a little of experience.

I expect to have helped you.



Viewing: 1-4 of 4