Ski Tour From Nockalmhof

Ski Tour From Nockalmhof

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.93790°N / 13.69230°E
Additional Information Route Type: Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Easy or medium hard normal ski tour
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

You park by Nockalmhuf (hut). If the road from Innerkrems, 1480 m is not cleaned, you have to walk from there half an hour more.

Route Description

A self-made map of Hohe...
A self-made map of Hohe Pressing
Koenigstuhl from the West
Koenigstuhl from the West

From the hut you take the SW direction using the forrest road towards Baerengrubenalm. On this alpine meadow you turn left (south) and ascend by the marked path through steeper woods. In good conditions you can still go in many turns by skis. After good 100 meters of ascent, the woods end and you reach a beautiful round NE shoulder of Peitlernock. Now you ascend by it to the summit of Peitlernock, 2244 m.

Skiing by the ridge towards Baerenaunock will not be long, so if you are not a true enthusiast, you will not even take off skins from your skis. Then you proceed by the main ridge all the way to the summit of Baerenaunock, 2292 m. Here the story repeats and in the same manner you do the second part of this three-summits-traverse, in which the final Hohe Pressing is the highest point, 2370 m.

Skiing down from Hohe Pressing is possible in many directions. Of course, if we want to come back to Nockalmhof, some choices can not be taken into account. The approach route is possible and nice. When standing on the summit of Hohe Pressing, you can hardly resist not to ski down by its nice SE ridge. At least some time, and then turn left into the broad valley below Baerenaunock. From here you must ascend this summit again and there choose further directions.

Very nice for skiing is Baerenaunock's north ridge. Steep only on its summit part it offers excellent downhill towards its lowest part. Some 150 meters lower we can begin to look for shortcuts into the eastern slopes of this ridge. Again steep on top, they offer below the best downhill slopes on the tour. Any passage we choose, allways we shall finish a nice ski tour on Baerengrubenalm.

 

Peitlernock panorama
Peitlernock panorama

 

Essential Gear

Usual equipment for tour skiing. Ice axe. Crampons only if upper ridges are icy.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.