Smolikas Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
bruno baschung

bruno baschung - Oct 20, 2018 12:59 am Date Climbed: Oct 14, 2018

pades access  Sucess!

A very nice and quite easy hike to Pindus highest peak, secoind highest peak of Greece.

I used the bad route leading from Pades to a Shepherd "house" located at 1915m. The route is +/- 11km long and quite rough, "doable" with a lot of care with a normal car in dry conditions (though not advisable) but I strongly suggest using a 4WD instead. the last km is the most demanding part ' two steep curves). I met a cpouple of old Shepherds at the end of the route, being extremly kind and helpful.


From there, the path is well parked (starting left / west first) and wll marked with red signs (but be careful in case of fog or bad weather, especially since this route joins another one coming from another refuge lower in the South west). The hike is very easy up to the lake. Steepest part of the hike is just friom after the lake up to approx 2250/2280 m but easy to follow. The view from the top is really great ona very wild area.

With only 720 m to climb on an easy way, the hike is very advisable and woth a visit

This acess is for sure the shortest and easiest.


Bruno baschung

Thomas Gurviez

Thomas Gurviez - Jun 4, 2006 6:48 pm Date Climbed: May 18, 2006

Smolikas by normal route (south face)  Sucess!

Beautiful mountain (second highest in Greece), very remote. Noone seen in 2 days...

Still very snowy higher than 2000 m.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Smolikas' main page