Snowmobile/ATV Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.98970°N / 71.6049°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Walk Up)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA SNOWMOBILE/ATV TRAIL: From 114 in the center of Goffstown head south on Mountain Rd. which is just east of NH 13. Take Mountain Rd. almost a mile where it then bears left. Go past the North Uncanoonac Trailhead and at 1.8 miles a paved parking area will be on your left. The trail blazed in red will right out of the parking area.

Route Description

From North Uncanoonac.


SNOWMOBILE/ATV ROUTE
1.0 MILE ONE WAY

This trail is the easier of the two route to the summit. The route begins with a quick 30 yard decent then transferring to a moderate ascent up the up to Mountain Rd. Cross Mountain Rd (0.1) and continue on the highly eroded path. The will continue a gradual climb for the next 0.3 miles until run near a storage area on the left. The trail then heads right on a Y intersection (left leads to private property-no trespassing). The trail then steepen to a moderate pitch for the next 0.3 miles until hitting a clearing with a great view of Mt. Modanock on the left. The trail then continues the moderate pitch with views on both side. There is one rock that has an arrow that points to a view of downtown Boston on a clear day. This is the only area to view downtown Boston from the Uncanoonucs. From there the trail becomes more gradual and then at about 500 yards the summit is reached.

From North Uncunoonuc...



Essential Gear

Just basic essential in summer are needed. In winter though snowshoes are strongly recommended. Best time to attempt this trail is just after a snowstorm before the snowmobiles hit the trail.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.