Soleck Ridge Traverse

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.72970°N / 12.80190°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (some scrambling through a forest)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the main page as to how you can get to Lesachtal Valley. In the east of St. Lorenzen there is a road which leads north into the Radegunder Bach Valley. It leads to the trailhead at Tuffbad.

Route Description


Riebenkofel photo_id=115099

  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1262m
      - Summit altitude: 2386m
      - Prevailing exposition: E
      - Type: 3h 30min over paths
      - Protection: marked
  • Effort: 1100m of altitude gain, 7km distance to the summit.
  • Power: 1 - no difficulties
  • Psyche: 1 - easy
  • Orientation: 1 - easy

    Head out north from Tuffbad along the forest road which runs through Wildensender Bach Valley. At an intersection (left to Weittalspitze) take the right trail which soon crosses the creek. Shortly after the creek crossing signs show you the path to Riebenkofel and Soleck. The trail climbs steeply through a densely populated forest and gets over the timberline at some 1900m. Here you get the first glimpses of your destination. The remaining ascent to the ridge between Soleck and Riebenkofel runs below the Soleck summit walls, limestone cliffs which contrast beautifully with the colourful meadows all around.

    On the ridge turn southwest. You pass by a little cabin, before the final Riebenkofel ascent starts. The latter is quite steep along along moderately exposed gravel tracks.

    Essential Gear


    Hiking gear is sufficient.


  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.