South-east ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.41355°N / 116.37886°W
Additional Information Route Type: Some glacier travel, snow and rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.4
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You will have to get yourself to Lake O'Hara. From Calgary take the Trans Canada (1) west through Canmore, Banff to Lake Louise. For Lake O'Hara you must continue for another 20 minutes on the TransCanada.

Usually the Elisabeth Parker Hut is the point of departure for Odaray Mountain. Depending on which route you wish to climb you can chose your starting point.

Route Description


Follow the trail starting from the rear of the Elisabeth Parker Hut. (There is a sign). This trail will lead you up to a plateau (Odaray Plateau). Rope up for galcier travel and move up towards the col between Little Odaray and Odaray itself. (See photo). From here you will have to scramble up to the col. then follow the ridge along past two knotchs or rock steps (see the photo) to the summit. 4-7 hours to the summit. Depending on you speed and fitness level. (and of course the weather)

Essential Gear


Hiking boots that will take crampons for the glacier travel. Harness, rope, ice axe, cravasse rescue gear, helmut. Snacks, lunch, water.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.