South Ridge ascent to Hayes Peak

South Ridge ascent to Hayes Peak

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 33.27350°N / 112.28053°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 7, 2015
Activities Activities: Hiking, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Fall

South Ridge ascent to Hayes Peak

Link to my trip report on Hayes, the high point of the Sierra Estrellas. Also tagged 4232' nearby.

The Mountains Are Calling: Hayes Peak

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
surgent

surgent - Nov 14, 2015 1:44 pm - Voted 10/10

No Trespassing sign

I read your report and found it fascinating. Glad you were able to find a good way down too. The more people who climb this peak, the better info about the routes we can develop.

You mentioned finding a No Trespassing sign on the gate, presumably the one off of Chandler Heights Road. I would contact the BLM in Phoenix and alert them. Locals like to bluff people away by posting spurious "No Trespassing" signs where they don't belong. This is strictly not allowed.

czaplick

czaplick - Nov 16, 2015 7:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No Trespassing sign

At first I thought that as well but it did look a bit more official than the typical one you would buy at Home Depot, had an A.R.S. code at the bottom, although I'm sure you could find those too.

surgent

surgent - Nov 17, 2015 11:31 am - Voted 10/10

Re: No Trespassing sign

I am still suspicious. Some of that land is state land, so it's possible the state put it up, but the gate should still be unlocked, and a state land permit should be all that one would need, although no one would ever check.

Usually, state lands are marked as such. Some have No Trespass signs up, most do not. It's possible it is leased state land. Even then, putting up a No Trespass sign is murky at best.

People out in the remote parts of the desert like to bluff others away using this tactic. They may have more trouble with hunters shooting too close or kids wanting to party.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.