South Route via 'Glaetteferner'

South Route via 'Glaetteferner'

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 47.04370°N / 11.28970°E
Additional Information Route Type: Walk and easy climb
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: UIAA II
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Start at 'Innsbrucker Huette' following the path to the 'Bremer Huette'. Leave that marked path after having passed the ridges coming down from the Habicht and at 2400 altimeter turn right (NW) direction the hardly existing 'Glaetteferner' (small glacier nearly entirely coverd by stones now). We initially planned to do the full ridge from 'Aeußere Glaettenieder' as described in the guide book, but this was only reachable by climbing rotten rock once covered by the shrunk glacier.

Route Description


So better directly turn directly to the south slope of´the Habicht. There is more than one way, but the easiest route is a bit left finally reaching the ridge leading to the summit. It is not the best rock but you don't need a rope if you are familiar with climbing UIAA II. Best descend is the normal route (NE) to 'Innsbrucker Huette'.

Essential Gear


Crampons and axe might be usefull depending on conditions.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
PeterCorneliusSpaeth

PeterCorneliusSpaeth - Jun 14, 2005 8:03 am - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

As of summer 2004, the Glaetteferner is almost history. In fact there certainly is still ice underneatth, but it is covered by dirt and rock.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

HabichtRoutes