Southeast Ridge

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 33.91640°N / 113.6408°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From the parking spot, cross the deep wash, then start walking up the road towards Harcuvar Peak. After about two miles or so, you will reach the base of the mountain. There is a large boulder off to the left in this area. This is where you should leave the road and start heading up the mountain. The road continues further up the mountain towards some old mines.

Right after you leave the road, you should be able to see a large cairn. There is no one route you must pick – just start climbing straight up the steep slope on the southeast side of the mountain. You’ll encounter the usual desert hazards: loose rock, brush, thorns, etc. Your goal is to climb straight up to a ridge, where you will see another large cairn. If you see the cairn, you’re on the right track. Continue to head straight up the slope, and you will soon reach the summit area. The true summit is off to the west, and is marked by a large cairn.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.