Southeast Ridge

Southeast Ridge

Chimney Group Peaks from the summit of Daniel. In the foreground is Bear's Breast Mountain. There's a similar overview picture in Becky's book where he labels the other peaks (Sept. 28, 2003). Information added by Klenke: "The Chimney Group", the highest of which is Chimney Rock (7,727 ft). Chimney Rock is at center. At the bottom of this page you will find various photos of the Chimney Group. Others: Chikamin Peak is the pointy nub at center-left. Way off on the horizon at left are Tinkham and Silver peaks. While at far right, the two prominent peaks are Chair and Kaleetan peaks. Chikamin, Tinkham, Silver, Chair, and Kaleetan could reasonably be said to be among the Snoqualmie Area peaks.
rpc
on Sep 29, 2003 11:22 pm
Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing
Image ID: 29377

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Klenke

Klenke - Oct 24, 2003 5:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Chimney Group

It's really an error in proximity to call the high peaks in the middle of this photograph to be "Snoqualmie Peaks." The better description is "The Chimney Group", the highest of which is Chimney Rock (7,727 ft). Chimney Rock is at center. At the bottom of this page you will find various photos of the Chimney Group.



Others: Chikamin Peak is the pointy nub at center-left. Way off on the horizon at left are Tinkham and Silver peaks. While at far right, the two prominent peaks are Chair and Kaleetan peaks. Chikamin, Tinkham, Silver, Chair, and Kaleetan could reasonably be said to be among the Snoqualmie Area peaks.

rpc

rpc - Oct 24, 2003 5:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Chimney Group

As always, appreciate the info. - think the mistakes I make in the captions are the result of laziness - I know that someone will correct me once posted and so I just try roughly give the direction where I'm looking :).

Klenke

Klenke - Oct 24, 2003 6:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Chimney Group

You're welcome.



The only thing wrong now is that my links did not transfer to your emended caption. These are the links (after you paste these, you'll obviously have to put in the leading "<" symbol and the following "/A" part to get it to work; if I put it in on my end you know what will happen).



this page = A HREF="http://www.summitpost.com/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/2362">this page



Chikamin Peak = A HREF="http://www.summitpost.com/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/2220">Chikamin Peak



Tinkham = A HREF="http://www.summitpost.com/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/1585">Tinkham



Silver = A HREF="http://www.summitpost.com/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/1575">Silver



Chair = A HREF="http://www.summitpost.com/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/762">Chair



After you've implemented these links I'll delete the message string.



---Paul

Viewing: 1-3 of 3