Springtime in Valley of Fire

Springtime in Valley of Fire

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora
The first time we went to Valley of Fire State Park was during Thanksgiving weekend in 2008. Our time was limited and I really wanted to spend more time there exploring. So when my husband and I went to visit my sister, who lives in North Las Vegas (only 50 minutes or so from the park!), Geoff and I agreed to spend a day at the park.

I started getting excited as soon as we turned off interstate 15. There were so many wild flowers growing in the road cuts! And the terraine got more and more interesting! We parked near the Beehives Area and began wandering around. I felt like a kid in a candy store - I didn't know where to point my camera first. Flowers, blooming cacti, rock formations, great clouds...It is a beautiful place.

These are some of the pictures I took when we there on 4/10/09.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.