Star Trekkin Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Aug 22, 2015 3:15 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2015

Star Trekkin  Sucess!

With Steph. We did it in 3 pitches. I led the upper two. I ran a 70m rope no worries from right below the roof to the very base of the off width. However, you can get a better stance (I had a hanging belay) if you stop pitch 2 about 30' below the off width. You can still do it in 3 pitches that way. You see several stances from below whilst leading...but the last one or two right before the OW starts has no sufficient gear belay. For some reason there is much discussion about how to finish this route, I guess many traverse easy ground to Mithril because they do not want to do the off width. The OW is 5.8-5.9 and protects well with a variety of gear. Not much true OW technique involved. Star Trekkin goes straight up except for a few left jogs. Would be a shame to escape the route anywhere really. Everything is straight in, nothing needs to be laybacked.

zoomloco

zoomloco - Jul 7, 2011 11:51 am Date Climbed: Sep 18, 2010

Star Trekkin c2c  Sucess!

The crux is a finger crack and slab feet (.10b/c) but the best part is the 200' exposed 5.9 handcrack above. This route also does the crux of Mithril Dihedral at the top. Recommended. Car to car in 17 hours. S Face of Russell is Chilly already mid Sept...

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Star Trekkin' main page