Steep Mountain (UT)

Steep Mountain (UT)

Page Type Page Type: Album
Steep Mountain as

Add to the View BM hike

Steep Mountain
6210 feet
Just above Draper and near Suncrest

Rather than create a mountain page for this one, I thought an album might be an acceptable way to present this little mountain for a hike that can be combined with a hike up to View Benchmark. For many people, the hike up to View BM and back won't satisfy their overall conditioning needs or they might simply like to make a longer hike out of the View BM experience. By adding this as as a side trip to Steep Mountain which will add an additional three miles to your day and another 700' or more of elevation gain. I might add it makes a great snowshoe hike as there is no avalanche danger in that area and will give you a great workout as well as great views of the Salt Lake area with Draper right below you and mountains on both sides of you. Using the same trailhead as for View BM, this is a nice little hike to do when all you have is a few hours and need something to do. Steep Mountain is seen by thousands of people everyday as they whiz past on I-15 as it makes its way around Point of the Mountain.
Map

External Links


Heading up to Peak 6476Peak 6476 is what you go over
Steep Mountain (UT)Drop down to a saddle
Backside of Steep Mountain ridgeFrom the saddle



Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
runbyu1

runbyu1 - Apr 7, 2014 11:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Add

Great stuff, thanks so much for adding to the Steep Mountain page Dean. Really nice addition.

Dean

Dean - Apr 7, 2014 11:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Add

I'm glad you put the page up, this is another of those nice little peaks that are right in our backyard. Thanks also for the information about the petition to save Steep Mtn.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.