Stone Mountain Road.

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 35.24800°N / 82.814°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike.
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up.
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Follow directions to the trailhead on the main page.

From the trailhead, take Rocky Ridge Road (a trail, formerly a road). Trail #75 on the Du Pont State Forest map, which is available free at the Caesar's Head State Park just across the NC border.

Route Description

From the CCC Road, hike steeply on a well maintained trail for about 3/4 mile.
All of the trails are signed...Well marked trails.

You will come to a trail intersection, well marked and signed.
Take W. Stone Mountain Road and continue to climb, sometimes less steeply, somtimes more. After about one half mile, you will come to a grassy clearing with limtied views and a couple of large boulders.
A clearing near the end of...Field with boulders near the summit area.

The Stone Mountain Trail that leads to the summit will begin here.
Climb moderately through oak and pine forests to the rocky summit. Total elevation gained is about 1,000 feet.
No real cliffs that I could...Lots of exposed rock at the summit.

Essential Gear

Good boots, hiking staff, appropriate clothing. Plenty of water. There are a few water sources along this trail, including a few nice springs. Treat or filter water as you see fit.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.