Surrealistic Pillar Direct Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Aug 24, 2015 9:23 pm Date Climbed: Aug 24, 2015

Surrealistic Pillar Direct  Sucess!

My very first lead at Lovers and going to be hard to beat. Great pitch. Linked with Travelers and all I can still think about was this pitch. I almost pulled a wild no hands mantel before I noticed chalk that followed the hand/finger rail out right to the hand crack finish. I continued on with a 70m rope to get out of the way of a threesome on the 5.7. Basically soloing the 2nd pitch to avoid rope drag, I combined the direct with the 5.8 variation 2nd pitch to a large ledge on the arete, with inches to spare. Told my 2nd to be prepared to simul but don't think she had to.

Kerstin

Kerstin - May 27, 2012 11:12 pm Date Climbed: Jul 12, 1985

Challenging  Sucess!

Did fine on the first section then fell on the traverse while following. Enjoyed the next two pitches.

Vitaliy M.

Vitaliy M. - Jun 28, 2011 5:41 pm

On TR  Sucess!

Awesome climb. After the traverse I had to hang : (

rhyang

rhyang - Jul 2, 2010 10:20 am Date Climbed: Jul 1, 2010

Followed  Sucess!

Climbed with my friend K. Chaltikian on a sunny summer day.

Pretty strenuous for me. We traversed under the overhang, which made it harder -- we both hung several times. Afterwards K. toproped it and found it easier to continue up to the piton and then traverse over.

Vinny

Vinny - May 28, 2010 12:33 pm

way cool  Sucess!

Ritwik is the man

fatdad

fatdad - Jan 9, 2009 5:35 pm

nice climb  Sucess!

Thought provoking wide section down low, that you can style through with good footwork, followed by a nice, vert. handcrack. Good stuff.

uwjennie

uwjennie - Sep 4, 2007 4:33 pm Date Climbed: Sep 2, 2007

Fun toprope

Fun to toprope on a hot day at Lovers Leap.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Surrealistic Pillar Direct' main page