Sveti Vid routes

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 44.47510°N / 15.00000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike, rock scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up, rock scramble
Sign the Climber's Log

Sveti Vid from Dubrava (Pag bay): 1h

Trailhead of the route is in Dubrava area (leisure houses), at the eastern foot of Sveti Vid, 6km from Pag town. Dubrava is on the old Pag - Novalja road which leads along the western shore of Pag bay. From Pag town head towards Novalja and after a kilometer turn right following the sign ‘Pag-Bosana’. Marks begin between two double sharp bends. Sign is noticeable. Park a car by the road.

Marks head over a grass to the oak forest and by it go towards right. Then path turns left and over the scree and by the isolated group of cliffs ascends steeply and doesn’t relent till the summit. With every step houses on the coast are deeper below and side is so steep that it feels like you are perpendicularly above them. Path is very attractive and panoramic. Views upon Pag bay and Velebit behind are fantastic. There some serpentines on the way but mostly marks lead straight to the summit.

Sveti Vid from Simuni: 1.20h

Trailhead of the route is in Simuni village on the western coast, 11km from Pag town and 15km from Novalja. You can shorten a route somewhat if you start from Simuni camp. On the main Pag – Novalja road, at the camp junction, marks turn uphill. Above the road path passes between several houses and turns right. Left is Dubovica valley. Gradually path ascends over bare rocky slopes of Klasa, passing below the power lines on the way. After 30mins you are on top of Klasa from where Sveti Vid comes into view. There is slight descent to shallow valley between Sveti Vid and Klasa. Marks here show left towards Kolan which is bit illogical because Sveti Vid is right but marks go left to join Kolan route then turn towards summit. Since this is open space you can continue straight forwards towards clearly visible Sveti Vid. Best is if you go bit right to the suhozid (rocky wall) which heads straight to the summit. By it there is a path. You can return the same way. From the place where marks turn left it takes some 30mins to the summit. Last part of the ascent is quite steep.

Sveti Vid from Kolan: 1.10h

Trailhead of the route is near the Kolan village, 10km from Novalja and 16km from Pag. Marks lead from unmistakable sharp bend (serpentine) where road crosses over the bottom of Kolanska Dolina (Kolan valley), some 1.5km south of Kolan. From the road marks lead through the shallow valley, gradually rising, first using macadam which turns into path later. There are no views during this section, except back down the valley. After some 40mins path joins the Simuni route. From there path turns left, out of the valley and onto large rocky plateau. In front is cone of Sveti Vid. It is bit over 30mins till the summit. In between path also passes by the pond.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Sveti VidRoutes