Viewing: 1-12 of 12
BobSmith

BobSmith - Jan 25, 2016 4:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Sweet!

What a wonderful trip report!!! Thanks!

Marlin

Marlin - Jan 25, 2016 6:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Sweet!

Thank you. I'm grateful I had the opportunity to hike through this magificent area. I enjoyed every day along the trail, even the rainy days.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jan 25, 2016 10:01 pm - Voted 10/10

Envious

Very nice report, wonderful pics, congrats!! ........Someday!

Marlin

Marlin - Jan 26, 2016 7:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Envious

Thank you. The John Muir Trail is by far the most enjoyable hike I've ever done. Hiking though this Sierra-Nevada wilderness untouched by man is beyond words. After reviewing your profile and photographs, I'm the jealous one. If you're ever unable to secure a JMT permit, the north lake to south lake hike travels a good portion of the JMT. Good luck on your future endeavors.

gethikin - Jan 26, 2016 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice!

Incredibly, outstanding photos! Thank you!

Jiroch

Jiroch - Jan 26, 2016 12:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Photography

Great trip report. Thank you for sharing! Out of curiosity, what camera and lens(es) did you take with you? Did you do any processing on your photos? HDR? Your pictures are fantastic!

Josh Lewis

Josh Lewis - Jan 26, 2016 3:37 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photography

According to the metadata Photoshop Lightroom was used. Hope the author of this trip report doesn't mind that I replaced all the photos in this trip report with the original image source to prevent all the photos from looking blurry. I did this before featuring the page. :-)

Marlin

Marlin - Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photography

Perfectly OK. Thank you.

Marlin

Marlin - Jan 26, 2016 6:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photography

Thank you for the kind words.

I carry an old Nikon D90 (cropped sensor) with a 12-24 F4 Tokina wide angle lens equipped with a circular polarizing filter. Using a polarizing filter on a wide angle lens can create unusually blue skies on one side of the photograph as shown on some of my Granite Peak photos. I capture all images in JPG and RAW and post-process the RAW images in Lightroom as Josh stated. The camera around my neck at Whitney portal was used for capturing HD video.

Jiroch

Jiroch - Jan 27, 2016 12:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Photography

Thanks for the scoop and again, great job on the trip report. Happy trails!

ozarkmac

ozarkmac - Jan 31, 2016 6:53 am - Voted 10/10

Terrific report...

...and excellent photography. Inspirational. Hoping to return in '17 for JMT #2!

Marlin

Marlin - Feb 3, 2016 6:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Terrific report...

Thank you for the compliments. The John Muir Trail is very addictive. Hiking through pristine wilderness areas and climbing mountains changes a person's character forever and that's a good thing.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'T2W-Tahoe to Whitney' main page