Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Finarphin

Finarphin - Dec 21, 2005 1:13 am - Hasn't voted

Trip Report Comment

Congratulations on your new device. I've been thinking about the same maneuver myself. I recently sold one of my 35mm film cameras, since it was too heavy for the ultralight backpacking concept (2 pounds, 9 ounces -- heavier than my tent). So now I'm looking and saving my pennies.



I had a certain digital camera for awhile: a Canon S-60. That was 10 ounces, about 275 grams. A good weight. The strengths of the digital cameras seem to be weight (or rather lack of it), convenience, good resolution, and, especially, a good light-meter than almost always gives an accurate exposure. Unfortunately this particular model had a zoom lens that was not continuous: it only had certain pre-set stops. And the focal length of the viewfinder was not the same as the focal length of the lens. I had trouble composing with it. Not only that but I didn't like the dimension of the picture: 4x5.33. So I gave it to my daughter.



What I need is a good single lens reflex digital camera, since only the good ones shoot 4x6 images. I've got my eye on the Pentax, since it accepts ordinary AA batteries. WIth photography, as usual, there are few shortcuts.



This region of Germany resembles Oregon, it seems to me. Your photos look great. Good luck with it.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'Test-Driving a New Camera' main page