The Black Tusk Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
gimpilator

gimpilator - Nov 22, 2015 1:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Please Adopt

The owner of this page is inactive and the information contained herein is outdated and incorrect. If you have climbed this peak, please consider adopting the page to make corrections and updates.

The page should state the fact that 99% of hikers who scramble up the peak do not reach the true summit. The top of the chimney scramble takes you to a false summit. To reach the true summit is a technical climb with serious exposure and requires rope(s).

Only one person who has signed the climbers log actually went to the summit, Alpine72: "In order to really claim you have climbed this peak a rappel into a notch between the main summit and outers spire is necessary. I then solo climbed the rotting spire to the top shaking in my boots. I then rapped down and used ascenders to regain the main peak. All the while masive pieces of the mountain were crashing down and playing doctor dodge ball was the theme of the day."

Also, the location indicated by the current coordinates is off by many kilometers. The correct coordinates are as follows, (49.975211, -123.042808).

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Aug 23, 2017 9:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Please Adopt

Page has been reworked. Any suggestions would be welcome.

rgg

rgg - Aug 27, 2017 10:07 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Please Adopt

Looks a whole lot better!

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Aug 27, 2017 5:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Please Adopt

Thanks!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Aug 29, 2017 5:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Please Adopt

Excellent work! Great to see this fixed up after so much time.

Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash - Aug 29, 2017 6:33 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Please Adopt

Thanks!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'The Black Tusk' main page