Viewing: 1-6 of 6
SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent

Wictoria, you are an EXCELLENT writer for someone your age! I really enjoyed reading your trip report. You have a way with words and convey your emotions very well.

I am sorry to hear things have been so tough for you lately. You are a very smart and strong girl. Keep your head up. Life has a lot of great things in store for you.

Wiktoria Plawska

Wiktoria Plawska - Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent

Thank you so much for your kind words! That is what I am hoping for :)

plawski

plawski - Feb 27, 2012 3:54 pm - Voted 10/10

to My Daughter

We are still family although everything becomes difficult and painful. What's happening now is like a danger snow storm in the mountains. But storm will pass. Snow will melt. Blue sky will be above our heads, solid rock beneath our feet.

Sarah Simon

Sarah Simon - Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm - Voted 10/10

I, too...

...find solace in the mountains. The mountains are where I go to get away from worries, stress, concerns, whatever ails me. The mountains are honest and non-judgmental. They are raw and direct. The beauty they hold and the challenges they present - these are the things that bring me peace in times of turmoil. I can become completely focused in the mountains, block out all of my rage or frustration or sadness (or whatever) and simply focus on the task at hand: Navigation, scrambling or climbing, outrunning the weather, the wind in trees, birdsong, the sunset, rain on the fly of my tent, and so on.

Find peace in your next visit to the high country.

Sarah

Wiktoria Plawska

Wiktoria Plawska - Feb 28, 2012 5:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I, too...

Beautiful way to put it, and I completly agree. Thank you so much for the advice, and will do.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Mar 4, 2012 4:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent Trip Report

The area surrounding Aspen is among Colorado's best. You captured it very well. A passion for the mountains and the outdoors becomes more valuable than anything else you can imagine. Keep that passion alive!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'The Journey through Conundrum' main page