The Maze Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
jlockwood114

jlockwood114 - Dec 29, 2018 1:16 pm Date Climbed: Oct 30, 2017

Harvest Scene   Sucess!

The day really started 2 days before. My Outward Bound group of 10 were deciding where we would camp the night before the Maze hike. We were on the Colorado River rafting and decided to have a side trip to this old pictograph. WE had two routes available to us. Route one was easier and traveled often by groups. Route 2 however, was speculation more than anything. We had only heard a story that it was possible from this camp but no one knew if it was truly possible to make it but if we did it would certainly be epic. Needless to say we chose route 2 for the fun of it. It involved hiking up a 800 foot canyon that we had no beta on just to make it up to the mesa leading to the Dolls House area. This was just the mere beginning of what turned out to be a 26 mile round trip. Met some cool hikers along the way. Ended up dropping into the maze at Chimney Rock following a carrin trail which was a times tricky to follow. Once in the maze its pretty easy to navigate but keep careful attention to landmarks you pass as it did not get its name for nothing. Had a delicious lunch at the Harvest Scene and headed back to our beach camp. All in all was an epic day of hiking.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Return to 'The Maze' main page