The Owl Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-6 of 6

alynch - Nov 15, 2017 12:12 pm Date Climbed: Jul 6, 2017

Beautiful climb  Sucess!

Woke up early the day after I hiked Katahdin to catch the sunrise from this adjacent peak. After taking so many photos of the picturesque rock walls from the Hunt Trail the day before, I was curious to see what it was like up close. A steep trail (though paltry compared to the final push to the tablelands), I made it to the top before the sun broke over Katahdin, which was a sight to behold. Recommended.

kakakiw

kakakiw - Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am Date Climbed: Sep 16, 2008

Best little mountain in Maine  Sucess!

A great hike, awesome views, and didn't meet another soul. It's my best little mountain in Maine.

Bark Eater

Bark Eater - Sep 4, 2007 12:27 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 1984

Great views of Katahdin  Sucess!

A fine day trip with great views.

royswkr - Jul 3, 2006 8:20 pm Date Climbed: Jun 13, 1983

Fine little peak  Sucess!

.

Matt Worster

Matt Worster - Nov 14, 2005 12:38 am

Route Climbed: The Owl Trail Date Climbed: Several times in the 1990s  Sucess!

This mountain became a favorite of my Dad's. We harvested a quart of blueberries along the trail before the main ascent. We also discovered that what we thought was scrub at the summit was really 40 ft pines growing from just below the cliff! Nice views of the Witherle Ravine.

desainme

desainme - Apr 13, 2005 10:21 am

Route Climbed: Owl Trail Date Climbed: August 1974  Sucess!

Did this on a summer's afternoon when the trail was brand new. It was quite springy on the spruce and fir duff. Started around 1 and was back by evening. The big cliffs peeking over the ridge of Katahdin when viewed from the lake were much larger than I had previously thought..

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'The Owl' main page