The Trough Comments

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

bcrowell2 - Jun 22, 2014 4:36 pm - Voted 3/10

suggested revision to section on approach

In the section describing the approach, the text makes it sound like you should start heading left from Lunch Rock. Actually that leads you to a different area below and to the left of the actual start of the climb. I'd suggest revising the text a little to emphasize continuing straight up above Lunch Rock until you really hit the rock face, and only then moving left.

Deb

Deb - Jun 30, 2014 12:12 am - Hasn't voted

Re: suggested revision to section on approach

There are at least 3 different ways to get there; pick whichever you wish. This is the path I choose to describe. Have you written to Vogel and Gaines to bitch about the incorrect topos and descriptions in the guide book?

bcrowell2 - Jun 22, 2014 4:50 pm - Voted 3/10

time required, belay

The data table says, "Time Required: Less than two hours." This may be reasonable for highly experienced, efficient climbers who already know the route intimately. But people are reading this description because they don't know the route, and the reason people would typically be climbing this route is because it's the easiest route on the crag and they're not that experienced. I think two hours dangerously understates the likely time required, as well as the level of commitment. I doubt that it's accurate to say that the third pitch is "most often" done without rope.

Deb

Deb - Jun 30, 2014 12:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: time required, belay

Well should the description just go ahead and cover ALL levels of clmbers? OK, 20 minutes to 7 hrs, how's that? Seriously? Are you critiquing every rock route description you come across due to your lack of skill? The TYPICAL party of 2 can do this route in under 2 hrs. If you're so apprehensive and clinging to every written word, maybe you just best not rock climb.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'The Trough' main page