The Unmentionable

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.7 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Routes on the Unmentionable

Known colloquially by the rangers as C*ck Rock, this pinnacle is bound to catch your attention from the High Peaks trail with its distinctive shape... Although the route is short and the moves nothing to write home about, the exposure, views and outrageous photo opportunities make this one a classic!

Getting There

Unmentionable!

The pinnacle is a short walk downhill from the High Peaks trail. If you're coming from Bear Gulch, you will see a use trail about 200m past the Anvil. If you are coming from the Condor Crags steps (+rails), it will be on your right.

Route Description

On top of the Unmentionable!

Gain the saddle on the uphill side and make your way up the ridge. This is easy 5th, but exposed - a fall to climber's right would be bad news. Clip a single bolt where the route steepens, and a few short crux moves (5.7) will gain the summit (2 bolt anchor with chains/links). Smile!

From the top you can set up a top rope for Erectile Dysfunction to climber's left (5.9).

Essential Gear

One quickdraw (and standard rappel/anchor gear).