The view east from the top of...

The view east from the top of...

The view east from the top of Mount Lola on July 8, 2004. Independence Lake is in the middle and Stampede Reservoir in the background. The flat ridge on the right horizon is the ridge leading up to Mount Rose.
keema
on Jul 9, 2004 1:34 pm
Image ID: 59964

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Jul 9, 2004 2:42 pm - Voted 10/10

It seems like only yesterday..

...that I saw this view. Nice capture. I read your neat trip report and can answer that there was no bear scat on that road when I went down it. I did the same thing, utilizing the skids to cut off the distance a bit.

So, there is a trail from the west side.....hmmm, might be a bit shorter and mellower but yet it would lack the character of the route we went in and out on.



It was fun finally meeting you in person. Maybe we'll meet again......

keema

keema - Jul 9, 2004 8:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It seems like only yesterday..

It was great finally meeting you too.

hmmm . . .I had no skeeter problems. I hope you don't mind, I changed your dates to the 8th. :-P Lastly, I warned each of the bike riders to watch for another hiker headed down the trail. I guess they didn't listen



Dan

Dean

Dean - Jul 9, 2004 10:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: It seems like only yesterday..

I'm glad you warned the bikers, that may have been the only reason I didn't get hit. It was just a real blind spot so at least she slowed down (the first one). The dog almost ran me over as well but the other two bike gals were quite courteous. Thanks for changing the dates. I sort of lost track of what day it was after being out a full week (but what a week it was)

Viewing: 1-3 of 3