The Wedge Comments

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 25, 2004 11:06 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Better.



As for photos. Attach the photos to the page. First of all, every photo has an ID number. Your best photo is 107425. Put that number in the signature photo box in the edit page section. Press submit, and it should show up at the top of the page.



Then, go back to the edit page section and click on attach/detach to add photos to the rest of the page. At that point, the page will be a lot better. I think a topo map of the area would be helpful.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 25, 2004 2:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

He didn't say it was 600 feet above sea level, he said it was a 600 foot granite spire.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Aug 25, 2004 7:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Height: 600 feet (182 meters)

All of these are assumed to be height above sea level. If this was not the case, Mount Whitney would be 7,000 feet, and Ranier 12,000 feet, and most of the Colorado peaks would be 5-6,000 feet.

MontanaChoss - Sep 11, 2004 1:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

UPDATED!! sorry for the delay....let me know if anyone has anymore suggestions...more pics to come hopefully.

MontanaChoss - Sep 11, 2004 1:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

updated...check it out

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Sep 12, 2004 3:05 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've just checked the Montana National Geographic CD Topo, and the Humbug Spires Primitive Area elevations go as high as 7,600 feet, with the locations around the immediate Moose Creek area being sometimes as high as 7,200. "The Wedge" isn't listed by name on my set, but it would seem the 7,000 foot listing on SP is, if not exact, quite close. Also--FYI, Mount Humbug, just north of the Spires, and the area's high point, is listed at 8,265 feet.

hgrapid

hgrapid - Sep 12, 2004 10:12 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

saintgrizzly, send me the topo map, approximate coordinates, and I will find the wedge.

Martin Cash

Martin Cash - Aug 25, 2004 11:08 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Decent start. Add some more info and some photos and I'll upgrade my vote.

rpc

rpc - Aug 25, 2004 12:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You got my interest with the description of this thing. But the page could use a better "Getting There" section and PHOTOS. Let me know if you make any changes to the page and I'll bump up my vote.

bakcast

bakcast - Aug 25, 2004 12:23 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Indeed, this is a neat area.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 25, 2004 3:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You have REALLY improved this page--Good job! The two photos added Sep 11 are excellent; I'd like to see more if you have them, and I think it would be a good idea to put all pics of this type on the main page, in the "Overview" section where they're more easily seen/found. The Humbug Spires Primitive Area looks to be be quite interesting; maybe you could give us more? That'd be nice; perhaps some day it could develop into a terrific page of the entire area! Also, the information you've added onto the page is good. Thanks for taking the time. Keep it up!

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Aug 25, 2004 9:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Sorry you are getting such a rocky welcome to SP (pun intended). It is good (maybe) to see more Montana things posted and more Montana members. (I am a native of Montana.)



Obviously, this page is not up to current expectations. Anyone who wants to find out how to get there will, so go ahead and post the info.



If you wish to post a rock climbing area, you should post the entire area rather than just one pinnacle within the area.



Photos are critical.



Pay no attention to hgrapid.



You should look for examples of excellent rock climbing area pages to the following:



Vantage



City of Rocks



Let me know when you upgrade the page......

desainme

desainme - Sep 5, 2004 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I'll be an optimist. I think your area is a tad east of Divide Montana between 6000-7300 feet.

Put the following into the latitude and longitude boxes when in the edit mode and see if the Topozone map gets it right. Latitude 45.753, longitude -112.654. This area includes Moose Creek.

Make sure the longitude is negative. Good photo.

Scott

Scott - Nov 5, 2004 10:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Not a bad page, but still needs a little work, and doesn't seem to be upgraded in a while. Try moving the pictures to the front page. Add the co-ordinates given to you in the last vote.

Viewing: 1-14 of 14
Return to 'The Wedge' main page