The Wrekin Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Rocky Alps

Rocky Alps - Oct 20, 2009 2:14 am Date Climbed: May 21, 2002

Standard trail  Sucess!

We rode our bikes through Telford to the end of the road at the bottom of the hill, and then hiked up the trail to the top. There was a light drizzle throughout the day, but the views were still nice.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Oct 11, 2008 6:15 am Date Climbed: Oct 8, 2008

2nd time this year 2008  Sucess!

The weather this time was stunning compared to the weather from my previous in Feb 2008. The photographs from my Feb 2008 last visit are going to be replaced with my the sunny blue sky pictures from this Oct 2008 visit.

Believe me I will keep on doing this like Klenke and my SP-Page say it is worth it.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Oct 11, 2008 6:08 am

Re: Several ascents

Thats great.
I have to say your comment about a first true summit is true.
It is a Marilyn and a great viewing point.

Cheers - David.

daveyboy

daveyboy - Apr 5, 2008 5:15 pm Date Climbed: Feb 29, 2008

Again Several ascents  Sucess!

This was the most recent time I was up on top this fine summit.
I have been up this summit some 15 times in my life now. Most of these were in my boarding school days at Shrewsbury between the years 1982-92. And when in the area again I will climb it again.

Klenke

Klenke - Apr 5, 2008 4:19 pm

Several ascents

My uncle and aunt have a farm at the base of The Wrekin and whenever we visited we invariably hiked up to the top. I've summited six or seven times, all in the early 1980s. I was 9-12 years old. One could say this is one of the first named summits I climbed.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'The Wrekin' main page