Viewing: 1-8 of 8
lcarreau

lcarreau - Aug 8, 2010 9:31 am - Voted 10/10

About the mountain:

I was always intrigued by the west side of Adams.
Seems like it'd be the most "isolated" side of the volcano, where
the most elk would be hiding. Thanks for the information!

You can never be too careful around elk. Several years back, my
Dad was driving east of Heber toward Strawberry Reservoir.
His Dodge pickup truck collided head-on with an elk in the early
morning hours. My Dad still has an awesome respect for elk.

I always wanted to visit Hellroaring Meadow, but haven't been
there yet. Time flies, EVEN when you're NOT having fun !!!

Deltaoperator17

Deltaoperator17 - Aug 8, 2010 9:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Good for you

Way to go Dean (and Bullet Bob) You guys rock...um pardon the pun. Much more difficult without the snow eh? My hats off to you both. JP's Dad is 80 and just summited the South Sister. I am amazed and hopeful that my later years will be as fruitful.

All my best,

Steve

Dean

Dean - Aug 9, 2010 10:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good for you

Hey Steve, good to hear from you. Of course your later years will be fruitful, you got started at the right time and the key is to just keep hiking up those hills around your area.

Nyle Walton

Nyle Walton - Aug 11, 2010 12:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Mountains of the West.

I'm really impressed with how you have mountaineered the West. You should write a guide book. I see where you have made very good use of digital photography. Fifty years ago I didn't have this luxury.

Dean

Dean - Aug 11, 2010 7:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Mountains of the West.

Thanks Nyle, most of my travels in the west have been relatively recent but a guide book author isn't in my plans since Summitpost serves a nice way to get the word out about the peaks, trip reports and a place for pics. I agree about the digital aspect, I have so many pics that are on slides and hard to transfer without a lot of effort.

Nyle Walton

Nyle Walton - Aug 12, 2010 10:22 am - Hasn't voted

Sixty years too soon

Since 1950 I have accummulated thousands of kodachrome slides of places I have been in over one hundred countries. Only the best and most memorable were converted to negatives and printed to become part of poster-size photo-mosaics that cover the walls of my den. What you see in my profile are the best of my mountain pictures. What I could have done if only digital photography had been invented a half century ago!
Incidentally I grew up in Salt Lake City and scrambled amongst the Wasatch throughout the 1950s.

Tracy

Tracy - Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm - Voted 10/10

observation by a mild cohper

Dean,
I think I'll follow your advice and forego this one unless I get serious about completing all the cohps in Washington (I'm not serious yet). First, I've got to get serious about finishing Utah, then Arizona, then California, then Idaho, then Oregon, and then maybe even Nevada!

It's always fun to read your trip reports - good job!

Dean

Dean - Sep 20, 2010 11:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: observation by a mild cohper

That is a good call on your part. Also forget about Yolo county in California unless you save it for last. I have a chance to finish Arizona on Oct 16th with Rick Hartman and Bill Jacobs. White Baldy. I'll never finish Washington and probably not California.
Oh well. ; )

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to '"This area makes me nervous"' main page