This ridge (just before the...

This ridge (just before the...

This ridge (just before the Boese Tritt) is not bad climbing but it is very exposed and our large group moved too slowly here to make any attempt at the final summit rocks realistic. Notice how we are all strung out along the route.
Noah (Oregon)
on Aug 22, 2003 8:43 pm
Image ID: 25861

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Erik Beeler

Erik Beeler - Oct 6, 2004 9:50 am - Voted 10/10

Good Pic

Would you be willing to give us some info about what is happening in the pic? I think I see two rope groups with an unroped climber in the middle above a possibly large drop. Its hard to see what grade the climbers are on and what type of ropes and rope techniques are being used for this type of situation. Could be very educational.

Noah (Oregon)

Noah (Oregon) - Oct 19, 2004 3:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Pic

The guy in the middle was roped (most of the time) but I can't tell if he was at that moment. I never got off the rope (due to fear of falling to my death the whole time) but the rock was pretty good and if you moved carefully you could climb it without too much trouble. The biggest problem was trying to get to rope teams through this narrow ridge and to the big wall on the far side. It was good climbing but we were too late in getting started and thus under time pressure. We didn't use "double ropes" like some European climbers do, but opted for a standard set up. We also didn't use any pitons or other gear, just slings and an occasional bolt that we found on the route.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2