Thousand Steps

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.41680°N / 77.8994°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Class 2)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Follow the directions in the "Gettin There" section of the main page.

Route Description


This is the "famed" route on Jacks Mountain and will take you half way to the summit. For the history of Thousand Steps look on the main page. These steps gain 1,100 feet of elevation in a matter of a mile. This route is sure to test you in-shapeness. Don't feel bad about taking your time because you're not the only one who has trouble heading up this large flight of stairs.

This strenuous hike is full of rewards though. You'll get the chance to see some pretty cool fossils and the views are just incredible in all directions. The steps climb through scree fields and old narrow gauge railroad beds. Enjoy the view and if you're not too tired, continue on to the summit for more great views and rocky fun.

Essential Gear


Comfortable hiking shoes, food/water, trekking poles, and a camera.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1

wompigator - Dec 4, 2012 3:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Approach

Trail head location 40.3916910, -77.91400

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.