Three Peaks

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 51.88380°N / 3.4372°W
Additional Information Route Type: Ridge Walk
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up, Small Climb
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


We came up from the Ponticill Reservoir to Base camp at the upper Neaud reservoir.

Three Peaks


We set off at about 10:00, we could corn du in the distance but pen y fan was covered by cloud, we made our way up to the summit of cribyn (023214). The smallest of the three. By the time we where there the cloud had cleared to reveal the vertical drop on the north east side of pen y fan, follow the footpath from the south heading straight up, climb a few rocks at the summit of pen y fan (016213) and ure there, we where the aprox 11:00, on a clear day the veiws are amazing. Then we follwed the path west towards the summit of Corn Du (007216), although looks higher than pen y fan it is 13m lower. From there its a short walk to the Storey Arms Center, wich ca be done in 40min.

Essential Gear


In winter months i would suggest the use of crampons and an ice axe, the summit is prone to snow in these months. As its such a sheer drop on the north east side, i would suggest the use of a saftey rope if the cloud base is quite low, A compass woild also be a very good idea (if you knew how to use one paul) also a OS map, i would suggest Outdoor leisure 12, 1:25 000 scale is the best.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.