Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.23460°N / 106.1681°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 16, 2003
This was one crowded day on Mt. Sherman. I took a friend up a first 14er and I planned to run over to Gemini Peak. The clouds were hanging low but were not much of a concern. We headed off Sherman as soon as the summit log was signed. There was an entry stating it was the person's seventh summit of Sherman. Why? We hiked fairly quickly over to Gemini Peak and as we summited, I noticed the clouds were quick a bit thicker and darker. As we descended Gemini, we heard our first thunder. The storm was west of us, but not far enough away to suit me. I noticed up on the Sherman summit many, many people just hanging out. I am not sure why they were volunteering to be lightning rods. Also, many people were making their way to Gemini. I would not have chosen that course of action with the storm so near. We raced up and over Sherman and down the ridge. By then, the clouds had moved away and sun hit us. There were 30-40 people either at the Sheridan Saddle, on Sherman's ridge, or on the summit. A very busy day on an easy fourteener.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Gemini PeakTrip Reports