Tikishla Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8

craigbunten - Oct 20, 2005 7:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the info Alpen dave, duly noted.....

desainme

desainme - Oct 20, 2005 9:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Cool mountain

Location:

Latitude 61.144,

Longitude: -149.556

The negative must be included.

Copy these and stick them in their boxes whilst in the edit mode.

climber46

climber46 - Oct 24, 2005 10:43 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Thanks for putting this mtn up here! It looks like fun!

Scott

Scott - Nov 23, 2005 11:04 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

The 500 foot rule is hardly conclusive, and not set, so I would ignore that. Some Alaska list use 100 meters as a criteria for a seperate peak and some 400 meters. The "not appropriate" comments seems strange coming from someone who has signed the summit logs of Mt Sunflower, Hawkeye Point, Mount Arvon, Timms Hill, Charles Mound, Jerimoth Hill, Hoosier Hill, High Point (New Jersey), Driskill Mountain, Britton Hill.



I would add a weather link though, and perhaps some more details on the route on a route page. Also, this needs a signature photo.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Oct 6, 2010 6:44 pm - Voted 8/10

Re: Untitled Comment

I agree with Scott. The 500-foot "rule" might make sense in the Alaska Range, but not among mountains the size of the Chugach front range. Also, in general, these things have to be taken as a guide rather than a hard and fast rule. Tikishla sticks out like a separate peak, and so should be considered one.

Corax

Corax - Nov 23, 2005 11:25 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

The peak may be "insignificant", but I think the page describes the mountain in a good way.



I have some other points to make though.

Please add a signature photo, make the link "live"/clickable and why not add a book or two.



I'll happily up the vote when any of these things are added.

2skinners - Jan 21, 2006 12:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very nice!!

tootufftony1975

tootufftony1975 - Jan 17, 2008 3:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Tikishla Started it all for me.

Great page on Tikishla. This was the first hike I ever took into the Chugach, July 23, 2006. My buddy took my Lil Bro and I for an 7-8 hour day hike that turned into a 13 hour TREK. We took the ridgeline from the Domes in, but took the valley out. It was so thick, we actually walked the creek for about an hour, then our legs were too numb to continue. The water was amazingly cold even in July. We eventually just headed straight up towards the Domes until we found the trail. I have exeprienced everything you so greatly warned the others against. I wish I had found you page before that hike. I have been back up once summer of 2007. My Lil Bro and I did an overnighter, then I hiked past Tikishla to the North and into Snowhawk Valley, and around the back to Tanaina Lake. It was very hard to pass up such a fun Peak, but if you ever get the chance do it. Tanaiana Lake is beautiful and there is also Tanaina Peak. I am planning to do the lake hike again, but scramble Tanaina Peak also, probably June of 2008. Tikishla shortly there after. When my Lil Bro and I did our overnighter July 27-28 and there was plenty of water to filter at the base of Tikishla, then I did Tanaina Lake August 28-29 and noticed the big area of runoff was dried up along with The Mosquito Pond between The Second Dome and The Lookout. I hike The Dome, or Domali as I call it, 2-4 times a week for exercise. I live on Nearpoint, so that trailhead is less than 1/4 mile away. Great description of the hike, having been on it before I would have to say that you didn't miss a thing!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Tikishla Peak' main page