Timber Creek

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.41300°N / 114.599°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 2
Sign the Climber's Log

Route Description

From the road block at about 2,730 meters, start heading north along the bottom of the scenic Timber Creek Valley. The small, winding valley climbs steadily up the slopes beneath North Schell Peak. The first part of the route follows the old road, but that soon fades away, and a trail emerges. Follow the trail a mile or so as it heads up the slope. The hiking is relatively easy. As you climb up through the drainage, the vegetation slowly diminishes until you reach treeline. Continue up the drainage as it bends around to the right to the base of a broad, grassy slope. Climb east straight up the easy slope to a saddle between North Schell Peak and Point 3,571. You are now on the ridge crest at 3,550 meters. Turn right and start climbing south up the ridge. Make the final push to the summit, where you can enjoy the Great Basin views.

Hiking Distance: About six miles round trip.
Elevation Gain: About 875 meters.




Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.