Viewing: 1-7 of 7
mrauthentic616rm2

mrauthentic616rm2 - May 2, 2008 5:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What's a

Right...the author of the article called it and "eclectic group". My main reasoning is not that groups, faction, coalitions, whatever you call them are bad, but that they should encourage all climbers no matter how hard you climb, or how long you've been around.

mrauthentic616rm2

mrauthentic616rm2 - May 5, 2008 5:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What's a

They are an "eclectic group" of anti conformist climbers who reside in Yosemite Valley. "Famed" for their hard climbs and "superior" way of life...

mountaindog

mountaindog - May 3, 2008 9:41 am - Voted 10/10

Its about time!

Such a letter has been boiling in my innards for years but you've captured it so well that I won't bother. Congrats on this anti-manifesto manifesto which takes aim at the dogmatism of the so-called anti-dogmatists.

You capture best the spirit of Alex Lowe who said "the best climbed on the mountain is the one who is having the most fun."

Much respect to you Mr. Authentic,

MD

mrauthentic616rm2

mrauthentic616rm2 - May 5, 2008 5:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Its about time!

Thanks mountaindog,
Surprisingly the editor of Climbing wrote me back, telling me they would "do their best to publish some material that (they hope) will fit the bill". We will see I guess, till then, happy climbing!

alpinistahombre

alpinistahombre - May 15, 2008 11:52 am - Voted 10/10

I say old chap, Good Show!!!

Outstanding response my bruthu-from-anothu-muthu... the stone monkeys are just another arrogant sub-culture of a sub-culture of a culture. They are unique in their own minds, and that's about it. The mags are part of the "media" so controversy is always good for them... EXCEPT for, I would argue, the greater mountaineering mags. THEY will lose our interest if they bend an ear to such mentally impoverished beings. Palabra a tu madre!!!!!

alpinistahombre

alpinistahombre - May 15, 2008 11:55 am - Voted 10/10

PS -

Nice profile photo... looks VERY familiar :)

mrauthentic616rm2

mrauthentic616rm2 - May 18, 2008 9:15 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: PS -

I should look familiar, its your butt blocking the sun. Hahaha!!!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'To whom must I pay my dues?' main page