Toiyabe Dome Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Dean

Dean - Oct 22, 2014 10:25 pm Date Climbed: Oct 15, 2014

Jett Canyon  Sucess!

Dennis Poulin and I went up from Jett Canyon. This was a tough hike for me and yet it was the 167th p2k in Nevada for Dennis as he completed all the p2k list with this summit. Congrat's to a dedicated hiker / climber who capped off the list with one of the tougher ones in Nevada. Round trip of 14 miles and about 5000 feet of elevation gain. We hit the area late in the day so backpacked up to the 8000 foot level, did the peak the next day and almost in the dark, made it back to our tent where we spent the night, hiking out the next day.

jdmorehouse

jdmorehouse - Sep 29, 2013 5:36 pm Date Climbed: Sep 28, 2013

Cove Ridge  Sucess!

Up the north ridge line, by passed two of the bumps on the way, and took the left side of the last bump before the summit ridge. A mistake. Very loose, unstable talus field to be traversed, saved only by a 100' or so of good class 3 rock to get back up to the ridge. All went well from there. Fantastic weather, cool, but with a light breeze. Beautiful views of the Toiyabe Range, from Bunker Hill and points north to the various summits of Arc Dome.

K9H2OBearer

K9H2OBearer - Jul 20, 2013 12:43 pm Date Climbed: Jul 14, 2013

Tough up, tough down  Sucess!

Tough route via Cove Canyon Ridge. I doubt I would have been successful without Hugh de Q's expert leading and Susan's encouragement. Only 9 miles rt, but took me 12 hours (my able companions would have been much faster without me). Total gain of slightly over 6000 ft, the majority in the first 2.5 miles. But the extremely steep descent was the real bear on tired legs and knees. The portion traversing the ridgeline of the Toiyabes, overlooking the valley between Toiyabe and Arc domes is magnificent.

bradb - Aug 6, 2011 8:29 pm Date Climbed: Aug 5, 2011

Jett Creek Canyon  Sucess!

Long hike up Jett Canyon, creek still flowing well this late in season.

Bob Burd

Bob Burd - Jul 25, 2010 4:06 pm Date Climbed: May 30, 2010

NE Ridge  Sucess!

With Laura, Bill, & Adam, made a loop route by going up the NE Ridge then down the NE Ridge of the SE Summit. Trip Report

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Jun 1, 2010 12:10 am Date Climbed: May 30, 2010

Long-ish day...  Sucess!

Started the day with Bob Burd, Adam Jantz, and Bill Peters, summited with Bill. Great day!

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Feb 27, 2007 5:16 pm Date Climbed: Aug 20, 2006

Yep, was there  Sucess!

Yep, was there, made the peak with Wally PJ.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Toiyabe Dome' main page