Viewing: 1-6 of 6
madsjim

madsjim - Mar 19, 2007 1:00 am - Hasn't voted

Great Report

I like the useful information on this mountain. It is nice to see that it isn't at all difficult to get to the peak and enjoy 15,000 feet of elevation!

weeds19

weeds19 - Mar 19, 2007 2:27 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Report

Part of the goal of the TR was to help out future climbers, hopefully the report did that. Thanks for the feedback.

Chilisticos - Aug 11, 2011 1:24 am - Hasn't voted

Inspired me to climg the Nevado de Toluca

Reading your report practically pushed me to hike up the Nevado de Toluca last weekend while I was in Mexico for business. I had planned in advance based on your excellent report, and took all my hiking equipment just in case I had time to do the trip. As it turns out, I rented a car last Sunday at Paseo de la Reforma, rode for 2 hrs to the park, and hiked my way up to the first dome shaped peak and back in about 3 hrs. I could not go any further because the weather was not good and visibility went down to close to none, but it was as fun as it gets! Thanks for your report. I should be posting my report sometime soon.

weeds19

weeds19 - Aug 14, 2011 1:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Inspired me to climg the Nevado de Toluca

Glad the report helped! I just re-read it and enjoyed reminscing about that trip. It's a really cool locale and I'll always be one of the first to recommend it to folks heading south.

Curtissimo

Curtissimo - Aug 22, 2014 1:01 am - Voted 10/10

great report!

Thanks you very illuminating and well pictured. The only thing I'd like to know is a little more detail/photo of the two scramble points (first one at second hump challenge and lastly at final peak scramble).

weeds19

weeds19 - Aug 23, 2014 5:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great report!

Thanks Curtissimo! The scramble points were pretty trivial in my recollection and I think we may have skirted around one of them with very little effort. I'd say the area near the summit block was the trickiest, but even that was probably only 3rd class.

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Toluca / Pico de Fraile' main page