Viewing: 1-6 of 6
EricChu

EricChu - Apr 11, 2010 7:28 pm - Voted 10/10

My most sincere condolences...

...and may his soul rest in peace. I wish you and everyone else who was a friend or a family member of his lots of inner strength to overcome this tragic and so recent loss. Your album is great, both as a gesture and because of the excellent photos - truly a wonderful memorial!
All the best to you from Salzburg, Austria,
Eric

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Wonderful idea!


Great way to remember Tom!

Augie Medina

Augie Medina - Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Reflections

How you've put this memorial page together really shows your dedication and bond with your mountain partner.

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Apr 12, 2010 3:53 pm - Voted 10/10

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mark

This album and your description of the events is a great way to share your experience with your friends at Summitpost. I can only imagine the horrible hours you spent with your friend and climbing partner dying in your arms. If it helps, and if it's not too much of an imposition, consider writing a Trip Report. We all would like to learn from your experience, and learn about what you went through.

All the best,
Marc

PellucidWombat

PellucidWombat - Apr 13, 2010 12:36 am - Hasn't voted

Re: I'm so sorry for your loss, Mark

Hey Marc,

I might do so if I feel it can be positive and uphold the spirit that Tom and I had for mountaineering. At the very least I may write an SP article later pointing out some of the 'unusual' gear we brought or experience I had that at least allowed me to be fortunate enough to get off the mountain in such bad conditions.

Both us us felt strongly about getting out in the mountains safely, so although I still can't see any obvious mistakes that were made (nor can those in SAR who have kept in touch with me), some of the choices I made could still be very useful for others to consider the next time they head into the mountains.

- Mark

Dragger

Dragger - Apr 12, 2010 6:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Nicely Done.

Very nicely done Mark. Thank you for sharing.
Carolyn

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Tom Bennett Memorial Album' main page