Tozal de Guara Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4

ojo - Aug 25, 2010 6:40 am Date Climbed: May 31, 2009

route: La Tejeria - Revientachulos - Summit - La Pedrera - Canal Abedeja  Sucess!

As Ricardo had done other ascent, we chose this mixture from the options -- and very recommended.
It's amazing how you quickly feel in very remote terrain.
The descent via the Canal de Abadeja (not sure of spelling.. ought to check but no time now) was not 100 percent clear, but very steep. If you know where you are heading, you can find cairns.
This is an incredible peak at any time of the year, though I've never done it in winter. So close to the capital city Huesca, but it still takes some time to get to any of the trailheads.
We've done Fraginito and Corcoruezo and Buitres and Cabeza de Guara, too. Must think about doing a "new mountain" page for SP.

ojo - Aug 25, 2010 6:35 am Date Climbed: Apr 27, 2008

Guara from my Bedroom window  Sucess!

The first time, from Nocito. Not the "classic" route that passes Petrenales, but via the north face. There was snow on the last 100m or so of ascent.
I can see the Sierra de Guara from my bedroom window (about 100km away)- I love this mountain!

Lobelia

Lobelia - Sep 22, 2004 5:20 pm

Route Climbed: South route Date Climbed: 19 March 2004  Sucess!

Although there was fog, we could look at the beautiful landscape from the summit.

Rafa Bartolome

Rafa Bartolome - Mar 26, 2004 2:08 pm Date Climbed: Mar 19, 2004

Route Climbed: South (Eta Fabana-Presa de Guara) Date Climbed: 19 march 2004  Sucess!

It was a hard climb for a team of 4 persons, in 4 hours approximately, across complicated steps of river in the ravine initially. The continuous climbs and descents become very long but a great feeling in the summit.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Tozal de Guara' main page