Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Nov 7, 2005 5:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Probably not finished, but that's exactly the mountain I had in mind when I voted on your Vertainspitze / Cima Vertana Page. I'll have to check my old pictures to see if I can submit one for this page...

Tomasz Jazwinski

Tomasz Jazwinski - Nov 7, 2005 6:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Herzlichen Dank, Gangolf;) It is a good idea, beacuse I don't have very few different pictures of them.

mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Nov 7, 2005 11:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Excellent page! I'm so glad someone finally added these mountains. I"ll definitely be adding some pictures in the coming weeks. Take care and thanks for sharing!

-Britt

Tomasz Jazwinski

Tomasz Jazwinski - Nov 8, 2005 7:20 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks, more pictures will be kindly welcomed;)

Johan Heersink

Johan Heersink - Nov 8, 2005 2:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page!

Lupino

Lupino - Nov 8, 2005 3:51 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Complete and informative. Nice page.

Paolo

Tomek Lodowy

Tomek Lodowy - Nov 8, 2005 5:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Page looks just brilliant ,great job !

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Nov 8, 2005 11:48 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Very good page with all the needed information!

Both two upper pictures are almost the same and then again two same thumbnails follow. I would remove one picture and detach all thumbnails of 'big' pictures.

andreaperino

andreaperino - Nov 8, 2005 5:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice mountain an good page.

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - Nov 8, 2005 5:41 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

You did a great job with this page. Thank you!

If you look at the google picture you notice that the coordinates are not fully correct. Looking at google earth they should be:

46.563839 N - 10.6282667 E

I think the enormous elevation difference of the mountain to Prad to the north should be mentioned. My hiking map indicates that there is a marked route from Prad via Gampen and Pederfick to Tschnglser Hochwand - that would be real fitness test!

Tomasz Jazwinski

Tomasz Jazwinski - Nov 8, 2005 6:21 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Herzlichen Dank, Mathias! Coordinates were corrected and I added the route from Prad also.

William Marler

William Marler - Nov 9, 2005 10:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Fine page.

Robtyr - Aug 16, 2007 4:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Route over Pederfick

Some update concerning the route over Pederfick. You don't need to hike all the way up from Prad, aside from the fact that you could use a mountainbike until Valnairalm. The easiest way is starting in Sulden near the Hotel Marlet using the forest road marked #19 (on the Tabacco map it's marked #18) to Kälberalm; from there on you stay on the road going without losing much elevation to Stieralm. There you pick up a faint umarked trail going north. In a few switchbacks you come up about halfway to the ridge leading to the peak Pederfick. Stay on the trail as it crosses the ridge but soon after it regains the ridge and stays on it. A short way before the peak are appearing some marks (around Stierkopf at ~ 2900 m)coming up from the Gampenhütte. Soon after you'll reach the top with the cross. From the top you seem to see all the way to the top of the Tschengelser Hochwand. It's a little misleading since it's much longer than it appears but the part up to the ridge that's coming down form the top of the Hochwand is not as it seems from the distance. I needed about 1 1/2 h from cross to cross. In the next days I'll try to post a few pictures showing the ridge that goes from Pederfick to the Hochwand.
By the way the UTM coordinates of the Hochwand are
32 T 0624849, 5158035
and of the Pederfick
32 T 0622882, 5158392

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Croda di Cengles/Tschenglser Hochwand' main page