Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Jun 29, 2010 12:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

I've forgotten many things but at least never a sleeping bag. Once I forgot all my food but that's another story. I still kick myself for not going another 100 vertical feet and nabbing Gardner but life is filled with those little regrets. Dennis Poulin and I had hiked up from our campsite at Gardner Meadows and the intent was to do Gardner as well as No. Gardner. Well, when I got to a spot where we called for a break, I got so involved with taking photos that Dennis just went ahead and grabbed the summit of Gardner. When he got back (took him all of about five or ten minutes, we made our way over to North Gardner. The scree glissade was one of the best I've ever had from a peak. Great area, I'd love to go back someday.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Jun 30, 2010 8:54 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice report

Dean

I have heard accounts of people who forgot to pack their sleeping bag and had to share one with another person (thankfully it didn't come to that). I usually forget one thing, (toothbrush, toilet paper, headlamp, hydration salts, etc.) but this is the first time I forgot something so vital. On the hike in I kept thinking "it's going to be a rough couple nights. But I was surprised that it actually wasn't bad. I wore 2 fleeces and slept pretty well. I had an emergency blanket which I always carry and didn't even need that.

Craig,

Thanks for taking the time to report our trip, and thanks for loaning me the down booties and bivy sack. That shot of me collapsed on the summit of Gardner is hilarious. I'm looking forward to going again this weekend. See you soon.

EastKing

EastKing - Jul 1, 2010 12:32 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice report

Adam,

I know of others who have done. Awesome job you two in getting those summits!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Two Tall Gardners, One Big Weekend' main page