Ultar II Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Damien Gildea

Damien Gildea - Mar 22, 2006 9:29 am - Hasn't voted

Year & Photos

AAP,
There's some good information in your page, but:
- after all you say about the Ultar ascent, you don't say that it was in 1996
- you would be better off dividing those big paragraphs up into smaller ones. Makes it easier to read and understand.
- most of your photos have nothing to do with the mountain. On SP this is considered a bad thing by many people. They're OK - to give a feel for the area and culture - if you have other photos of the mountain, but you don't really have any. Your profile photo does not really show Ultar well at all. You need to get some photos of the mountain.

D

aaporik

aaporik - Mar 22, 2006 11:26 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Year & Photos

Dear Damien Gildea, Thanks for your comments, I will check again the page and do the necessary changes you recommended. How you guess I did not have any more pictures. Please check I added two more pictures of my visit to Ultar. My understanding is beeing a SP member, some one should take the first step and people come forward to add pictures and information to make the page better and better. I did lot correction or addition to SP pages, So do I expect you and other people to do the same. If you have some good pictures of the wall please add them and I will be oblige. The best pages on SP about Pakistan are not only done by the people who introudce the page but by the SP members by their addition and correction.

BigLee

BigLee - Feb 26, 2007 7:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Year & Photos

Adopted and sorted! Lots of errors and contradictions on the former page that I think I have sorted them. I'll have a proper read of some Alpine journals when in the UK and improve the page again. Also added some photos of the mountain!

nartreb

nartreb - Mar 22, 2006 3:02 pm - Voted 10/10

check the coordinates

According to the Google map (click on the latitude & longitude at the top of the page, and zoom in a little on the map that results), you've placed the peak alongside a river, far below 7000 meters.

BigLee

BigLee - Feb 26, 2007 7:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: check the coordinates

Sorted! Ultar is now at 7388m again rather than in the Hunza River!

nartreb

nartreb - Feb 26, 2007 10:12 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: check the coordinates

Thanks for adopting! I don't generally vote on faraway peaks I know nothing about, but have some thank-you points.

aaporik

aaporik - Mar 22, 2006 3:59 pm - Hasn't voted

Google Map

Should I trust Google map, or recently publish Japanese map (2003). The auther is a regular visitor to Pakistan and knows about Pakistan better then any Pakistani.

Any how thanks for your comments. I appreciate.

BigLee

BigLee - Mar 23, 2006 9:38 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Google Map

Hi, I personally think it's better to use the coordinates that fit the Google Earth map as the map is a great feature to this website that lets people see where mountains are in comparison to others. Else the Google Earth map becomes redundant. Besides, every map will give different coordiantes for a mountain as none are 100% accurate. That's why nobody brings GPSs to Pakistan for navigation. If I compared the coordinates on the Japanese map to my Swiss map I can guarantee they would be different. I think it's better that the Google Earth coordinates be adopted as a common medium. Cheers

aaporik

aaporik - Mar 23, 2006 11:18 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Google Map

While looking for logititute and latitute, I read the information publish in the map and its book. I never used Google map to define logititute and latitute, though I will try for my pages to see it help me or not. Thanks.

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Ultar II' main page