User Profile Image

User Profile Image

Lunadog
on Mar 2, 2009 2:07 pm
Image ID: 494434

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
RayMondo

RayMondo - Oct 7, 2009 5:27 pm - Hasn't voted

A lot going on inside

I see Luna is clearly thinking - has that focus, in-the-zone look. I ought to know.

Lunadog

Lunadog - Feb 9, 2010 6:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A lot going on inside

Yes, Luna is a character. Clearly these Border Collie types think about things a lot. We have to keep her either physically or mentally stimulated or she ends up getting bored and destructive. It's the price you pay when there are no sheep to tend. ;- ) Coincidentally, today marks one year ago we got her from the shelter. She has grown into a 70 pound sweetheart who has gone with me on weeklong hiking trips and runs to her leash when she sees me putting on either my running shoes or hiking boots. She had that "in the zone" look in her eyes a few months ago when we were surrounded by several deer. She did the Border Collie squat down position like she was ready to herd them all. Fun stuff, thanks for the comment and sorry for the tardy reply.

Brian Jenkins (aka Lunadog's profile keeper)

RayMondo

RayMondo - Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: A lot going on inside

On BBC TV here, we had an amazing program: The Secret Life of the Dog. They are more intelligent than the apes, and are able to eye-follow, whereas apes do not. Got a lot of border collies here on Exmoor - lots of sheep and all.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3