Vallée de Joux

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring
Additional Information Time Required: One to two days
Additional Information Difficulty: easy
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

An easy hike in the Jura mountains, at the beginning of the spring.

Getting There

By car, train or bus to Le Brassus. If you get there by car and plan to return from Vallorbe by train, choose a parking place closer to the railway station.

Route Description

This is an easy hike across the mountains on the eastern side of the Vallée de Joux. It takes you on the Mont Tendre (1679m/5509ft) - the highest peak of the Swiss Jura - and Dent de Vaulion (1483m/4865ft), two of the most interesting places in the Jura mountains. Both offer a wonderful panoramic view on the surrounding mountains. At the end of the trip you can visit the Orbe Cave.
The easiest way to return to Le Brassus is by train, which runs every hour from Vallorbe (30 mins from the Orbe cave).

Essential Gear

Normal stuff for a low mountain hike. You can spend the night at Mollendruz chalet.

External Links

Vallée de Joux


EveryTrail - Find trail maps for California and beyond

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.