Vent

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.89962°N / 11.01517°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 3
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Vent (1895m)Vent

The route from Vent is the normal if you stay one day in the area, it's the shortest to climb only this peak. It's the most advisable to the people who don't climb the Wildspitze and who don't visit the Breslauer Hutte but you can descent to the refuge from the summit across its route to rest a moment in this great place before the descent to Vent.

Note: the track for gps includes also the climb of Wildspitze, reaching wildes mannle in the descent from Breslauer Hutte.

Getting There

VentVent

The nearest airport is in the city of Innsbruck.

By train from Innsbruck take te train to the Oetztal bahnhoff. From there you go by bus to Sölden. There you change bus to Vent.

By car from Innsbruck you take the A12 direction Bregenz. After 45 km you follow Oetz/Oetztal and all the way into the valley to Sölden. From there all up to Vent.

The access by car in the village of Vent is forbidden and you must use the paking on the entry (pay, 3 or 4 euros for the full day).

Time: 3h
Slope: 1100m

Route Description

Wildes MannleFrom Breslauer H.
Ridge S.W.West ridge

You'll begin in the nice village of Vent (1895m) crossing the church to the exit of the village to find the signals on right side. You'll see on left side the lift but it's not a good idea for mountaineers because the climb is not excesive. The hikers or the people with childs can use the ski-lift to Stablein (2356m) and they'll walk 1 hour less.
The path is always evident near of the towers of ski-lift to reach Stablein. On Stablein you'll see the signals of Breslaur Hutte to follow the track that come from the right side.
You'll have two options from there.
a) In the track you'll have to find on right side the path under the south face of the peak if you want walk the shortest approach. The path goes in North direction and you'll walk over the spun South of the peak to reach the entry of the path of Breslauer Hutte in a small col with signals.
b) If you don't see the desviation it's not a problem, you'll walk to the crosspath in the S.W. of the peak where's connect with the route of Breslaur Hutte. Turning to right (signal Wildes Mannle) you'll walk the evident path to N.E. crossing the river and reaching the same col South of Wildes Mannle.

From the col South of Wildes Mannle, confluence of both routes, you'll go to North to reach the bottom of the final rocky section. The access to the summit is a very easy rock-climb (F) and for the hikers present a metallic rope in the only step-crossing of rock-climb. On the shoulder of the peak you'll walk over the stones to reach the cross of the summit of Wildes Mannle (3023m).

Essential Gear

In winter it's necessary the use of crampons and ice-axe, and even the use of ski or snowshoes is a good idea. You can see the wonderfull album of David Holland about it.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.