Via ferrata Lehner Wasserfall - Jubiläumsklettersteig

Via ferrata Lehner Wasserfall - Jubiläumsklettersteig

Page Type Page Type: Route
Additional Information Route Type: Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: C (Kurt Schall A->E)
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The beginningThe start

This via ferrata is an iron route in the Oetztal. It doesn´t lead to a summit, but the route goes with middle difficulty through the flank of the valley. It leads to a big waterfall (Lehner-Wasserfall). You can devide this route in three sections. The first one is a steep step which is not very difficult. The second goes more or less horizantal to the waterfall. The third section is the final part which includes two alternatives. You can do a small but power needed overhang or you can sidestep it without difficulty. The origin for this route is Laengenfeld in the Oetztal. There are parkings at the open-air-museum for free. From there you are in 15 minutes at the beginning of the via ferrata. On the track to the beginning you cross a rope bridge with a nice view to the waterfall.



You can see here a topo of the via ferrata. (bergsteigen.at)




 
The middle part of via ferrata Lehner Wasserfall
 
The middle part
 
The overhang and the waterfall

Time:
From the parking at the open-air.museum to the beginning of the route: 15min
Via ferrata Lehner Wasserfall: 45min
Descent to the open-air-museum: 30min

Getting There

From the Inn-Valley to Oetz in the Oetz-Valley. At the beginning of Laengenfeld follow the signs to the open-air-museum "Freilichtmuseum". Now you can see the waterfall. Follow the track which leads to the creek. After the rope-bridge you reach the beginning of the via ferrata.

Oetztal

Books and Co

BOOKS:
- Hüsler - Hüslers Klettersteigatlas Alpen (The standard-book of via-ferratas in the Alps.)

- Paul Werner - Klettersteige Bayern, Vorarlberg, Tirol, Salzburg

- Kurt Schall - Klettersteig-Atlas Österreich

MAPS:
Ötztaler Alpen- Kompass Map WK43 - 1:50000 - ISBN: 3-85491-049-5

Geography
Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.