via Reservior Road

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.00130°N / 71.4392°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Walk Up)
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

VIA DERRYFIELD PARK AND RESERVIOR RD. From I-93, get off on Exit 8 Bridge and held west towards Manchester, NH. Go roughly a half-mile over the crest of the ridge and you see a parking area and a ball field on your right. You want to park there and then walk down that that street until you hit a wooded traffic circle. The blocked dirt path will be the trail that will take you to the observatory.

Route Description

The view west toward the...


This another trail in the Manchester area that provide good views with very little effort. The trail, which begin at the wooded traffic circle on Reservoir Rd. travels up a 0.2 mile sustained moderate pitch to the Observatory on the summit. Once at the observatory walk on the side trail past the decorative memorial cannons to the fence of the water treatment facility. Views open to the west there with views of the Uncanoonucs and the west side of Manchester.

Continue to traveling on the main trail on a slight downward decent roughly 0.1miles and there will be the lift of McIntyre Ski Area with great views to the north.

Essential Gear

Shot of Weston Observatory in...


This section can be hiked in winter and make a great snowshoe hike just after a heavy snowstorm. Check snow depth and ice conditions in winter. Even in very deep snow this trail is managable without equipment. Still snowshoes in deep snow and yaltrax or crampons in icy conditions definitely makes the short hike more enjoyable.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.